Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Request from a Bongo Fan


Normally Bongo doesn't share his fan mail with his readers. But Bongo will make an exception today due to the importance of the subject matter.

Read on...




I am a faithful reader of your Blog and found it quite ironic that you would be writing about Linda Moore today. I am e-mailing you in hopes of getting the word out about what Linda is up to. Attached is a letter I sent to the Northwest Herald last week. Even though they assured me it would get right out they have yet to print it. I am not naive enough to think that the letter would make people attend an annual meeting of the Grafton Township (which is being attended by Cal Skinner and all of his buddies from Lakewood to vote down the new building project). My goal is not even to garner support for a new building. I am trying to get support for the Pantry. I am there several times a month and see that our community is in desperate need of its services and I see how dedicated the staff and volunteers are in trying to help. It can be heartbreaking. My goal is to also let people know what voter apathy does in letting people like Linda get elected. I think her new move is a new low even for her. I am just a volunteer at the Food Pantry so I admit I do not know all the ins and outs of the local politics involved or all the facts. But I know that she toured the Township offices a few weeks ago and declared that as soon as they (the Food Pantry) are out of there she would have plenty of room for her bigger offices (at which she plans on only spending 10 hours a week - another quote). She seems to have the support of the Mayor and John Rossi (who is staying as the director of the Pantry) is not getting any help from any of them in relocating. I'm curious to know if that is all politics. The Algonquin/LITH Pantry rents their building from the city for about $1 a month (Its an older maintenance building). So I'm asking for your support in getting the word out about Linda and maybe even getting help in trying to find a location for the Pantry. I know they are working with local realtors too. I don't know what else I can add but thanks for your time. I love your blog.

Here is a link to her letter to the editor. It ran in the Northwest Herald today.

Politics, politics, politics. Didn't anyone get the memo that Bongo needs a vacation at the Doggy Palace and Pet Spa? I guess a doggie's work is never done.

Someone should let Bongo know if Cal Skinner shows up. If he does, someone should direct him to the Algonquin Township meeting, which is also tonight, since Skinner lives in Algonquin Township and not Grafton Township.

No comments: